Did you know!
A) The camera build-in Reflectance-light meter doesn’t read gray or only read gray? It’s no the camera reflectance-light meter read gray, it’s the camera perform the average exposure reading from your object. Your camera exposure metering pattern has hundred to thousand micro light sensor, this light sensor will pick up all the tonality luminance from the scene, thereafter, the exposure calibration computer will counterbalance the total value and summarize it with one exposure setting, and this setting will expose the image neutral to 46% to 50% middle gray which is also the CENTER of the total scene’s TONALITY.
B) Did you know your camera exposure metering always acquire exposure calibrating which is always expose your scene under one contrast ration. and did you know every scene has it own contrast ration? this also mean your camera exposure metering system almost always giving you the inappropriate contrast to match your scene.
C) Did you know all the photography related equipment is utilize only one matter to judge exposure calibration, which is NEUTRAL Exposure Reference.
Exposure System That Build-in To Your Heart
A camera is marvelous device and a person in possession of this marvel must be able to make appropriate use of it. A camera is not just a technological masterpiece but also a media of creating artistic excellence. Thus perfection is also necessary. Looking at objects, the human eyes can see minutiae in both darkness and light areas of the world, however a camera may not be able to do so. These cases arise particularly during times when a situation consists of outsized very bright and dark as well as high dynamic zones. Thus the camera exposure values need to be selected manually by the user according it personal taste, aesthetically or scientifically. This is very intricate setting that decides the quality of the photograph and thus the exposures must be adjusted intelligently and appropriately.
In other word, none of the camera can provide the exposure program that meet every photographer need, but a photographer can get the exposure they want with any camera. Therefore the perfection of the images exposure is belong to the photographer not the camera.
As per the above lines of discussion an important point comes out that a lot of considerations need to be made in order to make a proper calculation and arrangement of camera exposure. But with exact knowledge and understanding of the entire process and the concept behind the camera exposure, this task becomes really reduced in complicity. Only thing that needs to be remembered is that the camera exposure is not only a technical procedure but also a piece of art.
The DynaTonality Exposure System’s concept?
Let assume your camera capable to record 0% – 100% tonality, we have a box of pingpong ball which has painted with gray from 0% – 100% gray tone with increment of 1%. Now we needed to capture a scene which only contain total tonality from 60% – 95% tonality (pre-visualize with DynaTonality), therefore we only taken out the pingpong ball from the box which has painted with 60% – 95% to form our intended to capture image, and we place the 60% – 95% tonality at the precise location at where it should be in the histogram, and our image captured exactly similar to what our eyes see, with this precise exposure calibration we actually save about 1.7 stop shutter speed that able us to handheld the shoot.
DynaTonality Pre-visualize Exposure System
DynaTonality Pre-visualize Exposure System have some similarities with zone system and it’s inspired with Sunny 16 Rule. Because zone system is developed for capture Dynamic Texture’s B&W photography to evaluated and microscope analyzing all the visible texture, thus a “Super-natural Negative” will be expose as plan before the darkroom post-production, due to B&W’s colorless advantage, therefore all the visible texture detail will be able to obtain without the concern of color changes.
But when it come to capture color images, the perception of color images is totally difference from B&W. For color, we’re looking for the mood, the originality, the lively or even the vibrant of the color, therefore to be able to capture as-close-to-original-as-possible is critical important for color photography, and also because the formation of the original visible color are interweave with complicated element like; hue, saturation, light sources, color temperature and even the unrecognizable color cast, alter the tonality may result big change in color character, thus to capture “WHAT YOU SEE is WHAT YOU GET” to obtain as-close-to-original-as-possible’s color data is the best approach.
Understand DynaTonality Pre-visualize Exposure System will possible give a better idea how images will be captured, most important is when you’re free from technique burden, you’re close to create great photo.
Diagram Above: DynaTonality Exposure System is designated to proper expose an image by relocated the correct exposure’s tonality mapping at the proper location at the HISTOGRAM, thus achieve get right in camera, shoot more, edit less!
DynaTonality Pre-visualize Exposure System’s Benefit
1. Judge exposure by eye, set camera EV and shoot, all within 5sec.
2. Capture images that meet your eyes perceive
3. Encapsulate original mood, light quality and color as real scene
4. Apply exposure accurately at it own tonality range
5. Fine-tuning your exposure experience when using reflectance & incident light meter
6. Obtain optimize ISO and optimize speed on capture critical light photography
7. Free all your question “about exposure” in your journey as a photographer
8. Micro fine tune color and tonality to achieve faithfulness, especially outdoor and studio shoot.
9. DynaTonality Exposure System applicable to any photography related exposure system. ex. studio,natural light,travel…
1. Advance amateur and professional
2. Photography hobby
3. Photography student
4. Advancing photography skill in available light
5. Who benefited by earn living with photograph
Level of Experience
1. Intermediate to Advance
2. Know how shutter speed, aperture and ISO influence exposure
3. Fully understand how to operate professional SLR and semi-pro digital camera
4. Understand advance photography related term
1. We design the learning structures that give you to-the-point information, which covered: Theory, Reason Why, Execution and Conclusion, and all information are supported by chart, graphic diagram, images comparison and reference.
2. Unlike other photography book, which give you all the information but require you to join the pieces. Our structure is systematic with Information and theory, execution and with conclusion, and we roundup all become one complete system at the end of learning.
Exposure Pre-Visualization(section 1)
Metering System Fact
1. The Average Exposure Metering
2. The Principal of Gray
3. Metering System Don’t “READ” Gray
4. 18% Gray Reflectance and Sunny f16 Rule
DynaTonality Pre-visualize Exposure System(section 2)
1. What Info Histogram Give Us?
2. The Concept Behind NEUTRAL Exposure (N)
3. The Evaluation of NEUTRAL Exposure
4. The Default Exposure Evaluation
The DynaTonality System
1. The Overall Concept
2. Creative Use of DynaTonality
3. DynaTonality Exposure System Chart
4. DynaTonality Exposure System Regional Detail
5. DynaTonality And Dynamic Range
6. DynaTonality Exposure System Scene Reference
7. Working With DynaTonality Exposure System
8. DynaTonality Exposure System in Action
9. Practical Pre-visualizatioon Reference
10. Light Condition That Affect Exposure Reading
Purchased document is copyrighted to Amedeus Voon, document has lock to prevent print, modified and overwrite. Buyer granted the license to utilize the knowledge as own use. Copyright is prohibited to resell, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display Your Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate Your Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known and intelligence properties right, all rights is reserved.
Original File Format: PDF
File Size: 7.3MB
Total Pages: 48 pages
Whitepaper @ USD99.00
Whitepaper + Video Assist @ USD199.00 (coming soon…)